UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Why white people go to the beach

Conversation between my 4 year old son and myself this morning.

"Mom, do you know what I want for breakfast?" Cameron asked grinning, as if it was some secret that every morning this week he would ask me for the same thing.

"I know what you want....waffles," I responded playing along with his game.

"Hey!" he responded quite surprised. "How did you know that? Because you know everything, like daddy?"

"No, I don't know everything, and neither does your daddy."

"Yes he does, because he's dark,"Cameron responded quite matter-of-factly.

"What?" I ask, thinking I heard him wrong.

"If you're dark, you know everything."

"What are you talking about?" I continued, still not quite believeing what he said.

"You know, like if your skin is dark, like daddy's, you know everything."

"Oh, really? And who told you that?" I inquired, knowing the answer.

"Daddy," he responded with a grin.

(When confronted with this, my husband absolutely denies it. Claims he has told that he knows everything, but not because his skin is dark).

If Cameron's logic rings true, I better make my way to the tanning bed!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The comments and logic of 4 year olds.....have to laugh at that one...but, why do all of us white people want to be dark?? Never thought it was to get smarter!!

Love ya, Dana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home