UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, August 05, 2005

Kid Update and other


Last night a babysitter actually came over, and my husband and I went to the movies (and he only got called out once!). We went to see Must Love Dogs, and eventhough I told my husband otherwise, I must admit that it was pretty lame. It got better by the end, but there was just something odd about the whole movie. It got mixed reviews, so I figured it might be good. My husband said I'm not allowed to pick the next movie.

When we came home, the kids were already in bed (yeah!), so we decided to watch one of our Netflix movies while putting together porch furniture (well, my husband put it together, I just held a piece of wood everynow and then). We saw Guess Who, with Bernie Mac and Ashton Kutcher. And despite horrible reviews, my husband and I LOVED it. We were cracking up through the whole movie!!!! Not sure if it's because we're an interracial couple and can relate, but it was hilarious and I highly recommend it!

But now to the real point of my blog....my kid update.

Had an ultrasound yesterday....21 weeks. They still say it's a girl!!!! All is normal. Above is a picture. I find ultrasound pics to be somewhat creepy, especially the angle of this one. The head is to the left, and the baby is looking directly at you. See if you can figure it out.

Max had his 1 year check-up today. I love holding my child down while they force needles into his legs. Cameron somehow found it funny. He doesn't quite know that his time for shots is coming in a couple weeks. Not sure he'll be laughing then. Anyhow, Max's stats...height, 30 inches (50th percentile) , Weight 22 1/2 pounds (50th percentile), Head 48 (90th percentile). He has a big head already...like his dad!

Cameron is just finishing up his week long mini-sports camp, where he played soccer, t-ball, and basketball. He'll actually be on a soccer team this fall. Yikes, I will literally be a soccer mom now.

2 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
Congrats on having a girl...you know you will have so much fun buying all those girl clothes and I LOVE the name Ella....and the hair, Have fun!! Melvin now has t deal with all the girly stuff.....which I know that he loves...and the moods, those are always the best. How exciting!!

Love, Dana

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger LH said...

Ouch on the shots. Cameron cracks me up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home