UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Stood Up



My son was stood up yesterday. The first time. Last week I had written about the boy from sports camp whom I invited to our house for lunch. Met with the mom, exchanged numbers, set up a date and time (all things I dreaded since I had never met the mom before). Cameron woke up in the morning all excited for Graham to come over. He even made him something (not sure what it is....see picture), to give to him when he came. And I even did some domestic work...vacuumed, windexed Max's prints off the patio windows, made a tomato mozzarella salad and a complicated dessert. We sat outside to make sure they wouldn't miss our house. We waited....and waited...and waited. No one ever showed up, not even a phone call. After 30 minutes of waiting, I called the mom, only to receive an answering message. I left a kindly message, asking maybe if they forgot, and would they like to reschedule, etc. But it's now the next day, and I still haven't received a phone call. The saddest part is that Cameron keeps asking me if today Graham will come over. I tried to make it up to him by going to a park yesterday, and to Edina's Edinborough Park with some neighbor boys today. But he still asks when Graham is coming. I called once and left a message. The balls in their court now, right? I do know where they live, and I practically drive by their house everyday...should we drive by and stalk them? Or would that seem too desperate for friends?

On a totally different note, Max is oblivious to it all. As you can tell by the picture, the Papa John's Pizza we had for dinner tonight didn't seem to be enough for him. He wanted the sock for dessert!

5 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's terrible...I feel for him. I know how much Matthew gets upset when plans to play with friends don't work out...Mike Maurice

 
At 4:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is just plain bad form. rude, rude, RUDE.

no advice, just sympathy.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger LH said...

I love the "thing" Cameron made for his possible pal.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Hey Mike...good to hear from you! I hope you're doing well all the way up there in Coon Rapids!

kc & lh...can you believe that I never did hear from the mom. I thought maybe they were out of town and I'd get a phone call eventually. Guess not.

 
At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Cari, this just broke our hearts. As we were reading it, we felt like we were right there with you and Cameron waiting for Graham to come. Oh the joys of motherhood.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home