UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, August 15, 2005

Wedding Bliss

Been out of town again.....New Jersey again. When you live far far away from all relatives, you get used to flying a lot. Even though it's no piece of cake with the kiddies, we make do, and they did fairly well on the plane. Cameron likes to look through the SkyMall catalog and point out everything that he wants. "Will you buy me this, mommy?" he asks as he points to some motorized contraption that will help you swim underwater. "No," I reply. "Why not?" "Because you don't need it." "But I want it!" At least he knows the difference between a want and a need.

We went to one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever attended. The bride, my cousin, is so sweet and seemed to giggle through the entire ceremony. It was fun watching her up there in the spotlight. She looked so happy. Here she is with her dad, walking down the aisle.





The bridesmaids dresses were gorgeous....as my cousin Kristin is demonstrating here.

And amongst all the class of the affair, there were definitely moments of more "crass" making it all the more fun......like when the best man's toast described an ancient marriage tradition of getting a "little head" and the bride entering the reception hall backwards, shaking her booty to the song, "Baby Got Back!" Lots of laughs!!!!!

Overall, it was a fun affair. And I'm sure Jill and Jamie are enjoying their time in Antigua right now. Once they get back, it will be all work, as they both will return to the elementary school where they first met. I just love teacher love stories.

Oh, one more picture.....one of myself, my niece and my sister.

5 Comments:

At 9:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, I loved your synopsis of the wedding. Wasn't it just the BEST!!! I would love to see more of your pics.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Hi Aunt Nancy,
The pics were actually my mom's. I showed her how to get them off her camera and onto her computer. She can e-mail all of them to you. I took regular photos, so I'll have to wait until I finish the roll of film and get them developed. Thanks for stopping in at my blog.

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww, hi Cari! Thank you for your sweet comments about the wedding. We had an awesome time and also had so much fun in Antigua. We are home and tired. Off to sleep in OUR home :)
Thanks again!

 
At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I know those 3 gals in the photo.
on the left is you, the lil sis of the one on the right...
in the middle, the lil gal I babysat and generally hung out with when I was good friends with the one on the right...
and the one on the right, my friend Dana. Is there any way to get in touch with her?
This is Steve, Kim's big brother from down the street.. remember Capri Lane?! What a really really super nice and thorough blog! impressed, though I'm no authority on whats good or bad...

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Hi STEVE!!!! Took me a few minutes, but I finally figured out who you were. How in the world did you find my blog? Dana is living in New Jersey. Here's her e-mail address: danamspitz@yahoo.com
Hope you get this message.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home