UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Evidence

As evidence to how undomestic I truly am, let me recount what happened to me yesterday. By some miracle, eventhough my husband was on call, he agreed to watch the kids at home while I went grocery shopping (actually, he and Max slept while Cameron watched TV the whole time).

So I was somewhat free (barring any deliveries or other medical emergencies), to peacefully browse through the aisles to carefully choose our food for the week. Usually it's a huge rush as I try to carry Max (who refuses to sit in the cart), and push the heavy load of groceries. (Don't even get me started on what check-out is like, as I attempt to bag my own groceries with Max in my arms). In the store for about an hour, a little voice inside my head was nagging at me to check my purse. I finally stopped and dug through my little green bag only to discover that I had left my wallet in my backpack (diaperbag) at home. I had no way to pay for all those groceries. So I did what I had to do. I found a little nook, pulled my cart into it, and bolted out the door. I sped all the way home, going through several yellow lights, dashing through my front door 15 minutes from the time I left the store. I told no one I was home (Cameron was too mesmerized by the TV to notice I had even walked in), grabbed my wallet, and darted back out to my minivan. The whole ride back I was praying that no one had touched my cart. Luckily, as I dashed back into the store 30 minutes later, I found my full cart, right where I had left it, with the frozen items already defrosting. What a relief.

My neighbor keeps telling me I need to do Simon Delivers. I think I just might try it.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Blogger LH said...

You're lucky to live next to such a smart neighbor!!! Go with the Simons!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

My neighbor also has a house cleaner and a live-in au pair. I think I could learn a lot from her!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home