UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

HP

Yesterday I finally received my Harry Potter CDs. Yes, I know I'm a little behind, and most of the young world has already completed the novel, but I had to wait. When the book came out, I was at my parents in New Jersey, and my husband, who was back here in Minnesota, insisted that I wait until I got back home so we could "read" it together! This is one of the few things we actually have in common...the coveted Harry Potter.

Our love for HP began several years ago when he was in residency and doing a month long fellowship in Houston (we lived in NJ at the time). To save money, we drove out to Houston together, while I flew back and at the end of the month, I few back out and we drove back to NJ together. During that drive back, I started to tell him all about the first HP, and he insisted I read it to him while he was at the wheel. This was great, a real bonding moment. Except when he was driving, I was supposed to be SLEEPING! I'd get to the end of a chapter and he'd insist that I read more. So for our next road trip, we bought the tapes. LOVE THEM!!!! The reader is absolutely amazing!!!! We've been hooked on the audio version ever since.

We have no road trips planned, but we're still going to somehow listen together. We attempted it last night...but I was exhausted and he had had NO sleep the night before when he was on call, so we didn't manage to get through the first chapter. But we'll try again tonight. Thursday is our "date night" this week. Maybe we'll just drive around the cities listening to HP. Sounds good to me!

2 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger LH said...

We read the first 200 pages in the car. It made the trip zip along. She's a great story spinner. I think it's remarkable how many adults I know (and not all of them teachers) who are reading these books too. Kudos to you JK Rowling.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Rambling Rose Cottage said...

Our family listened to her CDs in the car traveling as well! They were well done but the books are even better! Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home