Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

New clothes

Today I spent a ton of money at Motherhood.....mostly for summer-type clothes I'm only going to wear for a month. And although I have clothes from last year that would work just fine, I just HAD to buy more. After all, I come home from a somewhat difficult day at the arboretum with my two lovlies (the oldest one decided to have an almost hour-long meltdown), and my husband is actually home, wearing a NEW shirt.

"Oh, when did you go shopping?" I ask him.
He replied quite nonchalantly, "I stopped on my way home from work."
"UmmHmm," I respond, seething inside...I never get to stop anywhere on my way home from work.

I had been thinking for over a week that my regular pants were impossible to squeeze into, my maternity pants from last year kept falling down, thus I had worn the same pants for the past 3 days. I NEEDED to go shopping for a couple pairs of pants, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to shop with the boys...especially Max. So a simple comment like, "Oh, I stopped at the store on the way home from work" had my blood boiling.

So I did what any woman would do who needed to regain her sanity. Even though he was oncall, I told my husband I had to go shopping. He tried to fight it, but knew if I stuck around, I would just be miserable and find something to argue or cry about (it had been an exhausting week already with the kids). "Just make sure you have your cell phone on," he relented.

Later, as I was trying on these ridiculous maternity pants that are supposed to go BELOW your belly (and thus, I must pull them up every 5 seconds so they don't go BELOW my ass), my husband called, telling me to take my time...take some time to myself....get my hair done....get a manicure, etc. (of course he doesn't quite get the concept of making an APPOINTMENT, and therefore his last requests were obsolete). But I did take my time, and spent almost $300 on maternity clothes that I won't be wearing after this year. At least I'll have some nice ones to pass along.

And I was in a MUCH better mood when I returned home. Nothing like a little shopping spree alone to alter ones mood for the better.

Here's a picture of the boys today....before all the crying began.


At 3:19 PM, Blogger LH said...

they look so cheerful. I'm always so amazed how their moods can shift. glad you got some time to yourself. that below the belly thing wasn't around when i was preg. it doesn't seem like it would be comfortable, but I'll never know.


Post a Comment

<< Home