UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Activity Director



I find that one of the hardest parts (for me at least) of being a Stay At Home Mom is the "staying at home" part. I'm not very good at this at all. The house gets to be a mess, I tend to let my kids watch too much TV, I find myself being very bored. That's why Cameron has been doing a lot of Mini-camps all summer, to keep him busy, and to give me a break (although I still have Max, but he naps sometimes). But these past few weeks, he isn't involved in anything, so the entertainment factor has been on my shoulders. I almost panicked last week, as I realized that I would have to figure out something to do each day. I know, it sounds ridiculous that I feel this way, but I just do. So by Friday, my son wakes up and immediately says, "Where are we going today?" Why might he say this? Well, because last Monday I took him to Lake Calhoun, Tuesday to Just Jump, Bike riding to a park and soccer practice, Wedensday to the Arboretum, Thursday my savior baby sitter was able to come, so she watched him in the morning, and took him with her to a waterpark in the afternoon, and so when Friday rolled around, of course he would ask me where we're going. So Friday we went to Eagle's Nest to meet a friend, Saturday to his soccer game and to the State Fair and Sunday to the rides at Woodbury Days. It's exhausting to me just thinking about it, but like I said, I haven't quite figured out how to stay home. So I'm a bit nervous to think about this winter, when I have no choice with the 2 little ones but to stay home. But until then, I have 2 more weeks before Cameron starts school, so I better figure out a few more things we can do around here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home