UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Will miss dad, chemo fine


We had a good weekend around here. Well, I did have t0 spend all day at the hospital on Saturday getting chemo...but I didn't have any negative side effects. On Sunday, I did get out with my parents to the grocery store. Sounds funny that going to Cub Foods is a fun outing. But it was. My dad also wheeled me around the neighborhood before he goes back home to work tomorrow morning. He will be missed!

Did I ever tell you that my brother is a fast runner? Check him out here.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 9:47 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I'm glad you had a good weekend.

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger cg said...

You know Cari, I really admire you for always finding the 'normal' amidst all that you and your family are going through. So glad your weekend was good and that your dad could spend some time with you xxx

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Thankful for your good weekend.

Yes, your brother IS fast! Your family is full of fast runners! The Running Force is strong in your family! ;)

I'll send you a link to our Race website once we get all the pictures up.

Love & hugs!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

Wow! He is FAST!

 
At 7:58 PM, Anonymous suzie levy said...

Hi Cari,Melvin and family-
Lori just talked to Melvin and I have the green light, for the 3 day walk for breast cancer, I will be walking for UnDomestic.blogspot, you are my hero!!!!!!
I will have t-shirts made and I will get enough for everyone. If you know anyone that is walking and wants to be a part of this awesome team, let me know. Very warmly, Suzie Levy, you can reach me at 651-436-3599 or my email Ilovemollie1@MSN.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home