UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, March 27, 2009

I'm Home!!!!!!!!

Just another quick update for now. Yesterday they finally let me home from the hospital! I still can't walk, and still experience burning leg pain. But we're working on it.

I did have excellent care in the hospital, with wonderful nurses and nurses aides. One aide, his name was Honest. I thought that was pretty cool.

My neighbors are still amazing, providing meals (sometimes annonymously) making a ramp for my wheelchair, and just being very kind and helpful. I'm very grateful.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

God and His people are so awesome! I'm so glad to hear that you're home - we've been praying fervently for you and your family! Love and hugs coming your way!!!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger C said...

Welcome home! That is wonderful!

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Yah!!!! So glad to hear you are hope and updating your blog. I've been thinking of you so much.

Welcome Home my dear.

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah!!!!!!! You are home!! We love you....Love, Dana

 
At 1:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the best news Cari!! How happy we all are for you and your family!
Thank God!!
Bernice Adair

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger TonyD said...

Cari,
We are so glad to hear that you're home! We keep reading daily to get updates and are praying that you'll be feeling stronger each day. Hugs from NJ...
Lisa, Tony and Leo

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger JJ said...

So very glad to hear that you are home and that you were well taken care of. I pray that things improve.

 
At 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thta's the best news I have heard all week! Welcome home Cari!!
Much love from Canada, Dana

 
At 12:43 AM, Blogger cg said...

Yeahhh this is awesome news Cari! So happy to have you home x0x0x0

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Marta Gilbert said...

Cari,

So happy to hear that you are home with your family. May you feel stronger and stronger each day.

Marta

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Caro said...

Hooray for being home!

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger KC said...

I'm so glad you're home. And I'm grateful that you live in such a supportive community.

 
At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you are in the comfort of your home and loving family. Take care and know that I'm praying for a full recovery too!

Love,
Sandi H

 

Post a Comment

<< Home