UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

A little puzzling

(Photo by Kathleen Smith)
My little Max has some obsessive compulsive tendencies. It started when he was quite young. Every night, he HAD to have his covers a certain way. When he was a bit older, he insisted on watching us turn on the air conditioner, even in below zero whether. And now when it comes to his "papers" and "pictures" that he makes, I can't throw any out, or he will look and look and look for the one picture he drew 2 weeks ago at a restaurant, or he'll go to bed screaming about it.
I'm hoping this OCD tendency will manifest itself into greatness....that his stubbornness and persistence will pay off some day, in whatever positive way that would be.

Today Max took out a puzzle. A 150 piece puzzle. A Shrek puzzle featuring Max's favorite character...Fiona. That little child worked on that puzzle for at least an hour this afternoon, and then continued with it later this evening. It's still not done, but he in no way plans on giving up. He was not happy when I made him go up to bed before finishing it, but I told him he can continue with it in the morning.

Not only is he determined, but obviously quite patient as well, if you consider the difficulty of the puzzle for his age.

I can only hope that tomorrow I have half his patience. I have yet another unexpected 3 hour MRI tomorrow on my entire spine again. Apparently a little weakness in your foot is not something to take lightly, as 3 different doctors ordered this long MRI because of their concern. I'll just show up and lie there...and maybe take some Vicodin to help get me through it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Ummhh... I believe the disorder is called CDO, not OCD. You need the letters to be in alphabetically order silly! Just a little joke someone told me and I agree. Love the photo of MAX.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Well..It just so happens that Felicity and Lincoln are the same way! Lincoln has an entire closet full of "papers" since he could start drawing/coloring. We are not allowed to touch them and if we do, he knows one is missing!

The other night, Felicity lost Lincoln's mood ring in Target. We got home, she apologized to Lincoln on her own and went to bed. Within 2 hours, she was crying and I had to go into her room...She was crying and saying, "Incon mad - I ost him ring."! She did not go to bed until midnight, after she checked the pockets on her pants 40 times, checked her purse 40 times and continued to cry because it was no where. She still mentioned it yesterday and I am 100% sure I will hear about it for months!

Lincoln and her NEVER forget anything and always remember where everything is! It my "older" years, all I have to do is count on Lincoln and Felicity and they lead me to anything that needs to be found!

Great picture of Max! Hope your MRI goes well today! Take care-
Traci

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Would he let you scan the pictures and save them to the computer? I know how quickly the paper piles mount. :-)

Crossing fingers your MRI is over before you know it.

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

He has such innocent eyes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home