UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Day One...done.

Revision: So in addition to all Ella's pee episodes, last night BOTH boys wet their bed. It was quite the pissfest in my household.


They say boys are easier to potty train.

I beg to differ.

When Cameron and Max were two, they would independently climb up on the toilet and pee when I requested. By 2 1/2, I was done with diapers. Cameron was potty trained in a week. Max in about 2 weeks...except for a few pooping issues, which were worked out in a couple more weeks. With both of them, unless we were traveling somewhere, I basically went cold turkey. No pull-ups, just underwear.

Now Ella, she seems to be playing a completely different game...with her own set of rules.
First of all, she's never had any interest in the toilet like the boys. She doesn't want to wear underwear, she doesn't want to sit on the toilet, she doesn't want to entertain any kind of potty talk whatsoever. This morning, when I put cute little Dora undwear on her, she just kept taking them off and throwing them across the room. She also threw a pair in the trash, and apparently didn't like her pony panties, because those she tossed outside! She REALLY doesn't want to be potty trained.

But if I tell her not to pee in the pool, when she has the urge, she will climb out of the water, pee all over the ground, and get back in to go swimming. If I tell her not to pee in the bathtub, she will request a diaper when she knows she needs to use it. When she does pee in her diaper, she tells me that she's wet and needs a wipe and a new diaper. She has even taken off her diaper and handed me a new one.

Now if she can do all that, she can pee in the toilet. So today, we took off the diaper. And after a lot of crying and whining for a diaper, she peed...all over the family room carpet. And she peed again, on the foyer rug. And then she finally peed in the toilet a couple times for Sara when she made her sit there for a while. And in the evening, she peed again, on my family room carpet once, on the kitchen rug once, and on the bathroom floor. But she also peed once in the toilet, AND she pooped once in the toilet.

Needless to say, it wasn't one of my better days. I've done two loads of urine soaked laundry, have spent most of the evening trying to get Ella to pee in the toilet instead of on the floor, and have mopped up more puddles of pee than I care to count.

Well, it's a start. Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully a better one.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

The day I said, "No more pull ups for NyCee" was when she came and told me she "pooped." Good job! But when she went in the diaper bag, removed the wipes, pull-up, and changing pad, then proceeded to the bathroom where she opened the changing pad, laid on top of it, and waited to be changed--that was too much. If she can do ALL of that, she can get her little booty on the potty!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Angela's Kitchen said...

Yeah, I think girls are harder to potty train, too... My girls were BOTH nightmares, but my son easy-breezy.

Short girl didn't want to potty train at first because she LIKED being the baby and had no interest being a big girl. Being the baby has a lot of perks, ya know!

Good luck today! Come on, Ella! You can do it!

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Levi is on his way, but went downstairs yesterday to hide and brew some brownies in his spiderman undies! My rule: throw away the underwear they poop in... I Can't stand the thought of how to clean them up! To think my mom use cloth diapers on four children is amazing.

 
At 8:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um Yeah, potty training is a very FUNKY process!

I have only potty trained one child but I don't think that have gained any more knowledge...there is a very good chance that my brain actually shrunk!!! :-)

Good luck!

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger mommyof3 said...

For some reason Lilly was bit like Ella, and Quinn also, Tyson seemed to potty train himself, But when Lilly got it and decided she wanted to use the toilet she was pretty much trained within 48 hrs, Except for a couple of accidents at night she is doing great......Quinn only wear diapers at night.........But he followed close to Lilly

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

Boys are a TON easier! All of my three boys were potty trained in 1 day! Now, Felicity has a different approach-just like Ella! Felicity will tell me when she is going pee and will stand there and pee in her diaper. If I try to get her to the potty, she will SCREAM and not go until a diaper is back on her. She also tells us when she poops; however, it is NOT Felicity who pooped in her diaper- it is someone around her. She blames it on everyone else in the room. Felicity has NO desire to be out of diapers and will even change her own diaper when we are too busy!

How in the world are we going to get these fiesty and independent girls potty trained???

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

What a PISSER!!!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

07.30.2008

Well, NyCee decided to join the pissfest being held by her cousins. She went threw 5 pairs of panties today politing saying, "Mommy, potty" after it's running down her legs. And let's not even talk about the pooping episode!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger LoveHopeFaith said...

Oh I feel your pain. I just Daniella potty trained and she is turning 4 in two months. You think you have trouble. She made the same comments as Ella. So would wait a bit and try again later. The more I pushed Daniella, the most resistant she got and the more angry I got. Recently, I withheld chocolate for three days and she finally got the message. Praise the Lord!!!!. I have a great potty training CD I can send you, let me know
Love ya
Brenda

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I loved your new word - pissfest. That needs to be in the urban dictionary.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home