UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Construction Consultation

I have a consult with my plastic surgeon tomorrow. I already met with her when I was first diagnosed with cancer. But I had NO CLUE about anything at that point. This time I feel a little more educated about the process, and my husband is coming with me. Our plan is still to have a preventative right mastectomy and complete reconstruction.

At this point I want to know two things:

1. When can I get this surgery done? They originally told me 4 to 6 months after radiation was completed...when I was completely healed. Personally, I'd like to have it done tomorrow...but we know that's not happening.

2. What size can I be? I personally think a size C would just be the perfect"gift" for enduring all this other cancer crap. My greatest fear is that she'll look at my mastectomy side and see that there is no way in hell my skin will stretch to accomodate anything larger than a mosquito bite. Or worst yet, there's nothing at all that they can do, and I'll be destined to wear mastectomy swimsuits for the rest of my life.

Oh, there is one more thing I'd like to know:

3. Do you have any package deals? Cause I'm thinking that while I'm under the knife and going to be enduring a whole bunch of pain for a while, I might as well deal with it all at once. I'm sure they have some "specials." Like a nose job, liposuction and boob job bundle for just one low price. And then maybe some free Botox thrown in if you sign up that day. I better go online and see if I can find some coupons!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Jumper 2.0 said...

As if you need any type of plastic surgery! (other than what the knife has already done to you)

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Take some consolation in the fact that your skin is more elastic than a younger person, like my daughter. She's stick thin and had implants, but because of her age (20's), her skin was REALLY stretched over the implants (she got a bit greedy, too, I think), so the recovery period was very uncomfortable for her. The body adapts, thankfully, but she still feels tightness. You have the advantage of having had children and being older (see, there are good things about being older!)

I like the idea of the package deal. I could use some liposuction, a tummy tuck (I'll skip the boob job), and if they could throw in a hot, muscular personal trainer to help keep me in shape after the surgery, I'm IN!

As always, praying for and with you!

Love & hugs!!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Gotta love those swimsuits. Seriously, it that the best they can do?

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

You must have a Dr. 55129 (instead of 90210) that can score you a deal... I agree with Andrea about the swimsuits!

You need to call Teri - she has been through it all and looks fabulous!

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Jaye said...

Ditto on the swimsuits - come ON!!!

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger LH said...

I actually like those swim suits.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Caro said...

You look great. Where is there a wrinkle on that face of yours?

A C cup is a nice size. You can still buy cute bras. Once you hit a D, it's all granny lingerie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home