UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Speed Race right on by

I don't know what I was thinking when I decided to take my 3 kids and a neighbor to the movies today.

Actually I do know what I was thinking. I was thinking that I couldn't take another destructive moment in my house. I couldn't handle picking up any more messes, or dealing with any more tantrums. It was raining, so I couldn't take them outside. Speed Racer got good reviews in the newspaper, so I thought it would be a good alternative to my shortening temper today.

I was wrong.

Despite what the newspaper says, Speeed Racer is not for young kids. Max and Ella lasted as long as their popcorn did, and then they were ready to leave. Although it was PG, I was suprised by the "token" swear words...Ass was used a lot when it really didn't need to be, and there was a lot more violence..some a bit bloody...than I think would be appropriate for a kids' movie. Plus, there were so many flashbacks in the beginning, even I couldn't follow the plot line.

And that was only in the first 30 minutes. Because the rest of the movie I spent out of the theatre trying to keep Max and Ella entertained. And that was long time, because the movie lasted 2 hours!

Cameron and his friend Ethan said they liked it. Although Ethan did comment, "There were lots of swear words and guns and stuff. " I'm sure his mom will be thrilled I took him to such a flick.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your paper is stupid. Speed Racer is an adult cartoon..or at least teenager cartoon. It always has been. I mean, MTV use to play it.

-scott

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Andrea said...

Good to know. I'll think we'll be passing on that movie.
Sorry it was a bad experience for you and the kids.
Hope your Mother's Day is better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home