UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Prayer Power

I know I'm on vacation. But the kids were up early, so I was going through some blogs that I frequent while waiting for my husband to wake up. And I feel the need to write this.

When I was first diagnosed with cancer, my brother sent me a link to a blog www.fatcyclist.com. It's really a blog about biking (which I only do occasionally), but the author's wife also has cancer, and occaisionally he writes about what they're going through as a family. (They have 6 year old twins and two tween boys...here's a post with an adorable family picture http://www.fatcyclist.com/2007/12/20/annual-christmas-letter/).

The author's wife (Susan), had breast cancer a few years ago. Then it came back and mestatisized (sp?) to her bones. She had chemo again and last year she had a hip replacement. She was supposed to have more chemo, but the blood tests showed the she could wait a while before she needed to start again.

This week they just found out that Susan has brain tumors now. Inoperable. Radiation will only allow for a couple more months of life. There's nothing else they can do.

But pray.

So I ask that you join this family in praying for a miracle for Susan. Pray for strength and hope and peace for all of them. www.fatcyclist.com

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home