UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all those Moms out there, and all those who function as mom-figures.
A special Thank you to my mom who has gone above and beyond this past year, helping me and my family out as we dealt with this dumb cancer.

Thank you to all of those neighbors, friends and relatives who walked/ran in the Race for the Cure in my honor...both here in Minnesota and across the country in Philadelphia. Just this past week I've learned of 2 friends' moms who have been diagnosed with breast cancer. It's scary how rampant it is...and how important a cure is.

My husband was out of town, with his grandfather who had a stroke when we were on vacation, so it was just the kids and I today. They couldn't wait to give me their "presents." Sara helped Max wrap up some presents that he made, included a card where he wrote I Love Mommy, and a shield that he made me (to wear on my arm). Cameron wrote me a list of 5 things he liked about me and made me a very colorful tile to be used as a hotplate. It was really nice.


The funniest part was as I was about to open their gifts. Cameron ran over to the wine rack, pulled out two bottles of wine, and placed them next to their presents. "These are for you, too," he said.

What can I say? The child knows what I like!

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:36 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Happy Mother's Day! It sounds as if you had a really great day with the kids.

 
At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you Cari....Happy Mothers Day!

Cam DOES kknow what you like. Do you drink THAT much wine??

Love, Dana

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger momo said...

thank you so much for your comment on my blog and your prayers. after reading a bit here, i can see you understand first hand what i was feeling. hopefully going forward i can be of some support to you and return the wonderful favor.

happy mother's day (just a little late)! and the wine? my favorite. :-) your son is a smart boy!

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Fantastic Four said...

We should of spent the day together! Tom was on-call at United (in-house) and the kids were wild, crazy and non-listening!
Happy Belated Mothers Day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home