UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Summer shoes

I went sandal shopping for our trip to Florida.

When I came home with them, Max was not happy. He couldn't understand why he only got one pair of sandals, but Ella got three. I tried to explain to him that of course Ella needed three pairs...she's a girl!...brown ones for her earth-toned outfits, white ones for the rest of her outfits, and these adorable multicolor ones...well, just because they were adorable. He didn't quite think that my explanation was sufficient. In case his first pair causes blisters (from past experience), I actually ended up buying him a 2nd pair, ones that flash, like his sister's. And yet, he had to point out that Ella still had three and he only had two.

Cameron on the other hand was elated when I told him that I bought him sandals. His response, and I am quoting him here, "YES! Now I can bite my toenails with my shoes on!"


Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Wow - that is disturbing on a number of levels! Oh well, boys will be boys, I guess. Have a wonderful trip!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Jumper 2.0 said...

Ah, to be young and flexible. I've tried but I can't reach!

;-)

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

So those are the types of interactions I have to look forward to between NyCee and Tyler. WOW!

It is so hard to not buy stuff for NyCee because there is ALWAYS something cute on the rack. Thankfully, I have a few years to come up with really good explanations for cases like this.

Enjoy Orlando!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I wish I were limber enough to bite my toenails, not that I would. I just wish I were that limber.

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice post!! My son going for a camping, I got 2 pairs of summer sandals for him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home