UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, April 28, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

Last week I met with my oncologist for a standard, after-all-your-treatments-are-done appointment. I thought I was going to have a bunch of scans scheduled, you know, to make sure all the cancer is actually gone, but apparently they can't do those until a few months after radiation is finished. I did have blood drawn and a full work up of blood tests...whatever that means. Today I talked to a nurse, and she said my bloodwork came back perfect.

But here's the thing. I don't feel perfect. Although I had been feeling great, even started running, this past weekend I've felt very lethargic. But my biggest concern is that now, everytime I walk up the stairs, I get very fatigued and short of breath. Add my carrying a screaming 3 year old with me up the stairs, and I end up lying in my room trying to control my breathing and get my heartrate back down.

Although I'm sure it's nothing, and will probably just pass. Melvin is concerned and wants me to see an internist soon. I'd assume just wait until after our trip, as I have a lot to do...like get a pedicure...but I think he's going to try to schedule something earlier. One of the side effects of radiation can be decreased lung capacity (or something like that). But I'm sure it's just one of those things that is probably nothing...let's hope.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

ARRRGGHHH... If it's not one thing, it's another! You need a vacation, perhaps the next trip can be sans kids?

 
At 6:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari...The Lord is with you and He will take care of you!! Praying for you...Love, Dana

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Also praying for you. Take heed unto yourself and listen to your body (and husband). You and your body have been through a LOT (I needn't tell you), and it's probably still reeling from all the treatment. Take it easy -get the pedicure - no strenuous activity there! You've already been healed (I Peter 2:24), just allow the healing to manifest itself in your body.
Love & hugs!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I'm sorry you're dealing with this. Better to get it checked out and be reassured it's nothing.

 
At 2:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari...if you did not read your personal email...my friend's sister has breast cancer and went through radiation...the same thing happened to her....Dana

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Jumper 2.0 said...

It takes quite a while for your body to recover, be patient.
I would say seeing a doctor to be sure is definitely no loss. Even if it's for the hubby!
Prayers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home