UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Mile 26!

Tomorrow is my last chemo treatement! It seems like it has been a long 4 months. And yet at the same time I am so grateful that it has been ONLY four months. As I wrote to someone recently, chemo has been easier and harder than I thought. The week of my chemo I felt horrible (especially during those 1st AC treatments), with different physical and emotional issues each day. The second week I felt completely fine, like I didn't even have cancer. This horrible bald head was my only indication that I even was going through chemo.

I must say I am SO HAPPY it is ending. If I knew for sure I wasn't going to knock over someone in their walker, I'd do cartwheels out of that place! Plus, I can't really celebrate until the last of the shooting pains are gone. So sometime next week, I'll be jumping for joy!

But this is just one "marathon" I have completed on my way to getting my body rid of all this cancer and preventing anymore from occuring. Next, will be my radiation treatments. That will not be as lengthy, but it will occur more often. More info on that after I meet with my oncologist tomorrow.

Another huge THANK YOU to everyone who has been part of my support system during these past few months.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

At 12:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...you've come such a long way. Congratulations on celebrating your last chemo treatment! We'll keep you in our prayers as you move on to the next phase of treatment.

Lisa Como

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger cg said...

Yeah on you being so far along with your treatment! I feel priviledged to have been a small part of the journey you have travelled, thank you for sharing it with us
hugs

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yipee! Hooray!

Thanks for being REAL!

Still prayin' for ya...but if you want to do a jig in celebration of this milestone....I'll dance with 'ya too. :-)

 
At 8:07 AM, Blogger Ann said...

Congratulations

I am still in denial about all that has happened to you since that weekend before Labor Day when your focus was actually going back to work.

Life can change in a flash - glad it is all gone, relatively (cann you say that) well.

Good luck with the oncologist this week.

 
At 8:23 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

Woo hoo! I don't dance, but I'll even do the jig in celebration for you!

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

You look GREAT! WAHOOO!!!!! It's been a long road but God has been with you every step of the way. He promised that He would NEVER leave you & He hasn't.

Continue to run your race with patience; for the race is it is not given to the swift or to the strong but to the one that endures to the end!

Hugs and Kisses :)

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

You see the finish line (for this marathon - next will be a half!). Continually praying for and with you! I'll def dance with you! :-)

Love & Hugs!

 
At 7:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo-hoo! Love you, Cari! I am so excited for you!

 
At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

That is wonderful news! I am so glad for you that it is almost over. I feel that through your ordeal you have been a blessing and an inspiration to those of us you have so freely shared your journey with. You are a strong, brave, and spirit filled young woman. I am so proud of, and awed by you! Keep the faith, baby! Still praying for and with you.

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

Yah!!! I am so excited for you. You have gone through all of this with such grace, and you are so real about it.

Hugs!!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger mi said...

Cari,
You have certainly made this part of the journey with amazing strength, clarity and humor. I'm so glad this difficult part of healing is nearly over.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home