UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Interesting...very interesting.

The Chambers Hotel, where we stayed for our 10th annivesary, is also an art gallery. Now I could sit here and write some very serious artistic interpretations of what I viewed in the hallways and in our room. However, lately I prefer to take a more light-hearted approach to art and see the humor in it....more fun that way, don't ya think?
Below are just some of the works of art displayed, and under each one my highly-educated commentary!


Teletubbie Poe on a diet.

Who knew you could take a piece of solid wrapping paper, frame it poorly and call it art!


A great distraction when you're climbing five flights of stairs.

This 3D sculpture looked so real it was creepy! (I'm talking about the face on the right, of course.)

When we first passed this pile of trash, I thought to myself, "Hmm. Wonder why such a nice hotel would leave these bags sitting in the hallway." Then we passed it again later on and I jokingly said to my husband, "What if they keep this trash here and we're supposed to think that it's art." My husband then nudged it a little with his foot and discovered that the bags were not bags at all, but solid masses of painted plaster. The "trash" really was part of the art display!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, uh, Melvin looks like he's a bit too close to that sculpture...and then he goes and kicks the trash? Does he have no art etiquette? You're not supposed to TOUCH the art. Sheesh, you can't take him anywhere

-scott

 
At 8:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, ya know, the dust bunnies billowing around and the ever growing pile of kid school papers are REALLY art objects in my house. It's all a form of performance art... Um, yeah...

Nope, I don't think my husband will believe it...

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That trash art is the best- too funny! So if I leave the trash bag of dirty diapers in the hallway, does that count as having "real art" in our house? What about the dishes in the sink?
L

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Art definitely IS subjective! If that's art, then my house is most assuredly a gallery, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home