UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Mile 26 has not been easy.

I don’t know what was going on with me physically today. I guess it’s like what my doctor said…my body is just really done with the chemo.

I woke up and made a list of errands that I needed to do when Sara got here. But I just ached all over. It was as if my normal routine of chasing my kids, holding Ella, going up and down the stairs, etc. was just too much for me this weekend. Today my body just shut down and didn’t want to move. By 10:00, I was more than ready to go back to bed. I honestly felt like I had actually run a real marathon.

Not even 3 cups of coffee this morning, or a Starbucks latte this afternoon, did anything to fight off the fatigue.

Must just be a lingering chemo side effect…that I’m sure will go away in a day or two…I’m sure of it.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Blogger cg said...

Oi girl, listen to that body and stay in bed - I hope you can take it easy for a day or two.

 
At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, listen to CG's advice. "Listen to your Body" and "stay in bed". That is why you have Sara to help you out especially on those kind of days. Or maybe Cameron had a preminition when he said he missed me in the back seat. Maybe it is time for a helping visit. Love you.
Mom XOXO

 
At 6:27 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

I third that advice! Take heed unto yourself - sometimes you have to take a "walking break" from the race. Consider this your walking break. Continually praying for and with you!

Love & hugs!

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Cari:

I am so sorry to hear you're having a bad time. I too, know that it will not last! There is no shame or sin in taking it easy. I agree with all of the other responders "just chill" for a day or two, read a book, watch the stories, a movie or something! Still praying and keeping the faith.

Love you much,
Auntie Nita

 
At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was ill [nothing serious] I often wished that I had a telly in the bedroom as I just didn't have the energy to read a book. Maybe rest and sleep is the answer.
Wishing you lots of energy zaps
Best wishes

 

Post a Comment

<< Home