UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Chemo Observation Poem

She lies there hooked up to an IV bag.

He sits next to her.

Not a word spoken between them

And yet, when her eyes are closed,

I catch him just gazing at her,

With nothing but love in his eyes.

Thinking about the decades they’ve been together.

Wishing that he was in her place

Wanting to take her pain away

Wondering how she’s going to make it this time.

And what to do

If she doesn’t.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 2:41 AM, Blogger cg said...

O my Cari - this is so touching. I can almost see them sitting there.....

 
At 6:54 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Wow. No more words.

 
At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

Did you write that? It's beautiful.

Dana

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger AnnD said...

On that note, how is the hubby handling all this? I can only imagine that the stereotype male response to crisis 'to solve the problem' is even further sensitive given your dh's profession.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Ann,
For my husband, life goes on as usual. I guess someone's gotta keep things in order.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home