UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

In agreement

When I went for my final chemo treatment, I was really counting on not having to have the Neulasta shot the next day. This is the shot that helps your white blood cell counts stay up so that you don't get an infection (or something like that).

But it's also the shot that hurts when they administer it, and makes me feel all achy in the neck and jaw, and basically I feel like total crap for a couple days.

During my previous appointments, my white counts were up, so my oncologist said that I might be able to forgo the shot this last time. Unfortunately, my counts weren't so high this time, not abnormally low, but, not high enough to avoid the shot without risks.

When expressing my surprise at my lowered counts, the doctor replied with, "It's really just your body's way of telling you that it's just done with all this chemo."

Finally! My body has finally caught up with my mind. It's about time.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's exciting!! Does that mean you can have a bottle of wine to celebrate??

Dana

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

Great news! God is good!

Love & hugs!

 
At 6:41 PM, Blogger Melly said...

Yay!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home