UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, January 24, 2008

A little dinner conversation

Some things are just too difficult to explain to little kids.

Today at dinner (yes, this is conversation you would have while eating with an OB-GYN), my husband was telling me about a lady with incontinence, who had been to another surgeon, whose sling was coming out her vagina.

“What, someone had a broken arm?” asked Cameron, only hearing the word sling.

Then Melvin tried to explain about this lady who would urinate when she would stand up. He went on to vaguely tell about a little of his surgery, to a 6 year old, using words like urethra, urine, vagina, bladder, etc.

Cameron kept getting all the words confused. At one point he thought the lady had pee coming out her ears! And somehow this conversation led to, “but then where does the baby come out, your butt?” This then led to Cameron making the observation that if you have a baby, your “bagina” can just break all apart. To which my husband and I just completely agreed, and Melvin told him that his job is to fix that.

This very odd, somewhat chaotic conversation was occurring with Max picking away at his food.

Finally, he chimed in and said, “If you pee in China, you might pee on a Panda bear.”

Vagina, Bagina, China….it’s all the same thing, right?

14 Comments:

At 12:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious!! I'm actually relieved to hear that conversations like this occur at someone else's house too. I get mad at my husband for what he brings up in front of our kids. I guess this is life married to a doctor...

 
At 1:07 AM, Blogger cg said...

hehehehe that is so funnny - it is all just part of life ;-) until they repeat that in a packed shopping centre

 
At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you use $100? This is one of those stories for "Readers Digest".

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Jaye said...

LOL!! Out of the mouths of babes! "Pee in China", LOL!!!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger C said...

I'm in tears from laughing so much! Ryan will have to read this when he comes home tonight.
Carina

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Hi Carina! Can you send me the link to your site. I've lost it! THANKS!
Cari

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well....it is all the same to Max!!

Dana

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

I LOVE IT... you have such great entertainment at your own dinner table. Why would you ever want to got out for dinner? He He

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

HA! HA! HA!

Little Max is my kinda guy. That is EXACTLY something that I would say if I were not really tuned in to the conversation and only only caught the tail end. (LOL)

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari:

This (excuse my French) shit is too funny!!! I don't think I can read any more of your blogs at work, I got a bit loud!

Love you much
Auntie Nita

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger mi said...

Aah...that wonderful magic word. My kids love to toss it around whenever they can, especially if it involves publicly humiliating me. Max's comment is priceless.

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super Funny!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

OM! Hilarous....

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Hee, I love that. Kids always have something new and interesting to contribute to the conversation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home