UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The truth is...

Last year Cameron's friend British Ben told him about the truth...or should we say lie...of Santa Claus. I was totally fine with that because in all honesty, he was asking a lot of questions, and I didn't really like making up lies to try to keep the legend going.



I've explained to him that he is not to tell other kids. It's up to their parents to tell them, and it's especially not fair, and quite wrong, of him to take away the fun of Santa for the little kids.


I've been nice about it, stern about it, threatened punishments, etc.


However, Cameron, in all his 6 year old wisdom, thinks it is his duty to inform everyone about Santa's actual status.


So I will just apologize now to anyone who feels my son has ruined Christmas for their children. And I would not be offended at all if you choose to keep your kids away from my little informant, at least until the Christmas season has faded away for the year.


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Ann said...

I am getting so confused on the Santa thing. I was shopping with Kathleen - and I know some of the presents for the boys will be from Santa but she knows I bought them.

I have been so close to ruining it for her - maybe I need Cameron to relieve me of my struggles!

When do kiddos figure it out?

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so wait...santa's not real?..seriously?

damn. this sucks.

-s

 
At 4:28 PM, Blogger mi said...

This was always a Big Talk in our house. Since we didn't celebrate Christmas, I didn't believe in Santa Claus. Every year my mom would talk to me about not ruining it for the other kids. I did have an after babysitter who had me and the other "big kids" help perpetuate the Santa myth. We had all the kids write letters or draw picture for Santa, put them by the fireplace with a plate of cookies, then sent them to play. Then we scooped up the letters, left some cookie crumbs and left some glitter on the hearth, like Santa had come and gone with the letters. It made it fun for me, even withouth thinking Santa was coming for me.

Good luck with this one!!!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Maddy said...

Oh dear. Sorry the Brit let the side down. that is one fabulous photo.
Cheers

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home