UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, December 07, 2007

It's gone

Today I heard a sound coming from my upstairs that I had never heard before. It was a combination of a shriek mixed with an incredibly loud holler.

Next thing I know, Cameron comes bounding down the stairs in his socks….ONLY his socks, shouting that his tooth came out.

Finally.

This child has been claiming to have loose teeth for the past two years, ever since his friends started losing them.

He can finally add his name (apparently the last in his class) to the chart in his classroom, and as proof, he even brought the tooth to school.

However, there will be no coins (or dollars) left under his pillow, because of course he left the tooth at school.

The boy doesn’t believe in the tooth fairy anyhow, although he still does expect a little dough for his pearly white.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Maddy said...

Horray! Hope the tooth fairy visits tonight. FAbulous eyes.
Best wishes

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

See Maddy...I wasn't lying on my comment on your blog about my "typical" son running around sans clothing. Really, I think it's just a boy thing!

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that kid is so damn funny.

p.s. - "loosing"? nice one english teacher.

-scott

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

S-
English is capitalized!

And look again...losing is spelled correctly. Maybe you need glasses! ;)

Been reading Fat Cyclist's blog. Thanks for the link. What an ordeal his wife has to go through...I have it easy!

 
At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
Kyle just lost # 7, and I mean lost! He was brushing his teeth, and spit. He saw blood, and realized his tooth was in the spit, and all went down the drain!! He wrote a nice letter to the tooth fairy, and she wrote back to tell him that that happens quite often! He was happy with that. Expensive teeth, though, $5.
Tell Cameron that story, so he can be careful next time, although he may never want to brush his teeth again!
Aunt Sally

 
At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh! Stupid edit function. It's not fair if you can edit your mistakes, but I can't edit mine. Anyways...if you aren't giving Cameron money for his tooth, I'll take a quarter or two.


-scott

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Caro said...

Ally still believes in the tooth fairy but I can never get the tooth out from under her head so she gets the money and the tooth.

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading about Cameron's tooth "finally" falling out makes me think of a cute story to read to Cameron that I like to read aloud to my students, "Ready Freddy, Tooth Trouble". He is the last child in his class to lose a tooth and sign his name to the big chart. All through the story he comes up with ideas of how he can lose that tooth. It's really cute. Congrats, Cameron on losing the first chomper.
Jeffrey is working on growing baby tooth #6!
Jill

 

Post a Comment

<< Home