UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, August 17, 2007

Another smell.

“Mom! It smells like wet sheets in here!” Cameron screamed from the bathroom.

What the hell is he talking about? I thought to myself. The only kind of wet sheets he knows about are the ones that he wakes up on in the morning as he once again would have another “accident.”

“Do you mean the wet sheets that you peed on?”

“Yeah!” he hollered.

So I walked into the bathroom, just as Cameron was drying his hands, to see who might have missed the toilet.

“Cameron, I don’t see any pee anywhere.”

“Well, when you stick your head down to the toilet it smells like wet sheets.”

After my initial shudder of the thought of him sticking his head into the toilet, I hesitated to ask the next question, but knew that I had to.

“And was the toilet flushed when you stuck your head near it.”

“No, it wasn’t.”

No wonder it smelled like wet sheets.

Brilliant my 6 year old is…just brilliant.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cari, he was displaying to you his knowledge of metaphors. you should be proud.

-s

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Actually, it's a simile!

 
At 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

crap. which is why i'm not an english teacher.

-s

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Caro said...

They are a laugh a minute though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home