UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Just a few hair accessories

Back to Minnesota.
Back to the usual wake-up routine.
Back to the regular chaos we call life.

Today Max and Ella were playing in what the kids call our “woods.” It’s really just a line of very large trees that separates our yard from the “arboretum” of our neighborhood.

Because I wanted to get a few more pages of Harry Potter read (yes, I’m still not done yet), I wasn’t paying too much attention to what they were doing. They were in my eye sight, and I heard no screaming, so I figured all was well.

After about 10 minutes, Max and Ella ran over to me. Max wanted to show me that he had made “buttons” on his shirt. They had obviously stumbled across a few sticker bushes, as he had used the burrs to pinch together the front of his shirt to make it look like he had buttons. Pretty creative I thought.

But then I noticed that Ella was pulling at the back of her hair and whining. Max apparently decided to make buttons in Ella’s fine curly hair as well. She had about six or seven burrs matted into her hair. Max thought it was funny, and when I told him it hurt to have those in your hair, he promptly put some in his own hair to show me that “See Mom, it NOT hurt!”

Doesn’t hurt? Tell that to Ella. Think of it this way. When you were younger, did you ever take a skinny round brush and try to use it as a “curling iron,” getting it completely mangled in your locks? No? Well I did, and it hurt like hell to get it out.

Now I could have used some scissors to help loosen those burrs in Ella’s hair. But she has my dream locks…..and I’m not about to shear off any of them off. So she had to endure quite a bit of pain as I worked those burrs out of her hair.

Oh, and speaking of hair, while on vacation, my boys were jealous of Ella’s cutie pie pigtails. At their request, Sara gave them a few of their own.


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my how cute and funny.......hope Melvin didn't see these pictures of the boys in their does!

 
At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

those do's are awesome. remember when you braided my hair in high school?

-s

 

Post a Comment

<< Home