UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Playmates


Since I had very little sleep last night and the house was an incredible mess because my only priority was finishing my grad work, I decided to forgo my usual daily outing with the kids in order to stay here and get thing cleaned up.

Get things cleaned up…with a 1 and 2 year old around. Obviously with so little sleep, my brain was not working properly.

At one point in the day I decided to actually get a shower…and wash my hair even. Afterwards, I checked on the two munchkins who were in the basement playing nicely and thought it would be okay if I took a few minutes to dry my drippy locks. They were playing nicely.

After I was done trying to make myself look like I had more than 4 ½ hours of sleep, I crept down to the basement and listened to the two playing. I didn’t actually see them because I didn’t want them to notice me and thus demand my complete attention….because I had stuff to do, of course. I didn’t hear any screaming, and only some delightful squeals, so I decided to venture back upstairs to do the breakfast clean-up and get some sort of lunch together. After all, they were playing nicely!

A few minutes later, Ella made her way upstairs looking for me.

It was then, when I saw green smeared all over her nose and hands, that I discovered they were playing nicely alright……with GREEN PAINT!!!!

I REALLY need to stick to my usual plan of just leaving the house whenever possible.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those chairs are soooo cute...where did you get them??

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger mommyof3 said...

I so feel your Pain!! In a way we are in the same boat, mine are just the same age---and 2 1/2 yrs old is a challenge

 

Post a Comment

<< Home