UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Get up on those feet!

Last night Ella took a couple steps for Melvin. Today she did a few for Sara. Finally. She's only almost 17 months old!

I hope she learns to walk consistently really soon because currently she has been doing this half crawl/half scoot which requires that she drag one knee on the ground while she pushes off with her other foot.

Already, since we've been outside the past couple days, she has put holes through 2 pairs of jeans by dragging her knee on the sidewalk...one pair she only wore twice! If I was crafty I'd buy cute little patches to cover up those holes, or create cut-offs and hem the ends with lace.

But that would require something like some thread, a needle, a sewing machine...none of which I own. Or it might take just take an iron for some patches...I think I have one of those somewhere.

Better yet, she just needs to walk.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari....Hopefully she will be walking for the shore this summer!!

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My son scooted on his butt when he was a baby- he never crawled! Ever! He finally walked at 14 months, but not before wearing out many pairs of pants in the process. I would SO rather have dealt with torn knees than a torn butt section!

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger mommyof3 said...

LIlly did not start to walk until she was 17 or 18 maybe 19 months, I know Quin was walking way before the Lilly Bug was, and now she has been off an running every where----Give it time and it will happen :) Just like potty training! as I wouldlove to nat have any diapers any more, Just maybe that will be in near site HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ella,
Yah... Now you can chase me and give me a smootchie!
Your boyfriend,
Levi

 
At 5:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She just likes to lounge around and show off her striped tights!

Ellie says, "Way to go, Ella!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home