UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Saturday, April 21, 2007

A small request

A small request:

If you see a two year old sprinting away without an adult, and he is running through a parking lot next to a very busy street, please, STOP HIM! Even if you don't know him, or you actually see the mother trying to catch up with him while carrying a one year old, take a moment to catch that child.

Thankfully nothing happened to Max as I was turning in my rental car keys at the Toyota dealership where my van was being serviced, and Max decided to take off to find a pine cone without me knowing. But once Cameron alerted me, and I caught a glimpse of his tiny rear sprinting into the parking lot, I also saw that there were 2 people...men who just stood there watching him...who LET him run right by them into harm's way.

Now I am well aware that my child is my responsibilty and I should have had him under my control and not depend on everyone else around me to take care of him. I know that. But I just know if I saw someone's kid in danger, I would stop to help. Not too much to ask is it?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

nope, not too much to ask. i actually saved a toddler when i was working as a messenger downtown when i saw her wander right into oncoming traffic that was coming around monument circle. the dad kinda looked at me like "why are you holding my kids hand?" until i explained that i just saved her from certain death.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Here, Here! Yes, it should just be part of our nature to help out other, especially Mom's trying to juggle a millions things at one time.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

I don't think it's too much to ask. I think it is ridiculous two adults watch a toddler run into the parking lot. Whether, I knew the child or not, I would have stopped him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home