UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Paradox

Here’s the problem with my hair "spalon."

Everyone who works there is incredibly skinny. They have flawless skin. They of course all have perfect, trendy hair styles. Their clothes are super stylish. And they’re all unbelievably gorgeous.

So despite how much time and money I spent there having my eyebrows waxed and my hair cut and highlighted…..

I always leave the beauty salon feeling nothing but UGLY!!!!

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 11:04 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I used to go to a salon in San Jose where all the ladies were beautiful, tiny women. I left feeling like such a cow.

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger mi said...

No no no!!! You have to find a way to put so much more value on yourself, even your outside self. I've seen pics...you are hardly ugly. Not even close, lady. Reevaluate, 'cuz this one ruffled my feathers a bit to read you putting yourself down like that.

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger cg said...

mmm must agree with mi, I voyered over to the link and definately think you compare favourably with the best your spalon can offer! And damn, do they have three kids to please as they ready themselves each day?

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Those girls are all 19 and spend all their extra time -- making themselves over! You are beautiful, have three children and a husband to care for! Consider yourself blessed... On the other hand, thats why I just go to spalon for a massage or pedicure. No one really has to see ME.

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Besides being barely old enough to drive, having unlimited supplies to beauty products, and knowing all the nifty "tricks" (shadowing and contoring, anyone), I bet they have to work at it WAY more than you think. I would probably be as concerned with how I had to look too if I was surounded by mirrors all day. Ewww.

Personally, I would be thrilled to be half as lovely as you were, sweetie. And you are a great person to boot!!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Oh ladies, you're so kind. I really wasn't fishing for compliments! Just a little self-depricating humor!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home