UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, March 09, 2007

Conversation

“So Cameron, who was your sub yesterday?”

“Mrs. Hanson.”

“Did you like her?”

“Yeah, she was pretty.”

I had never heard him use that word to describe someone else except Ella and myself before.

“Did you say she looked pretty?”

“Yeah.”

“What does she look like?”

“She has long blonde hair. She looks like Mrs. Hoel.” (his regular teacher)

“And do you think Mrs. Hoel is pretty?”

A brief pause. “Yeah.”

“And do you think I am pretty?”

LONG pause.

“Hello! I’m asking you a question here. Do you think your mommy’s pretty?”

More of a pause. “Well, when you wear sparkly clothes you are.”

“What about right now?”

Silence. “Not really with that hat. I think you look funny.”

Cameron used to say he wanted to marry me….but I think he’s moved on to better and younger things.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, Blogger LH said...

i'm not sure that's a question i would venture to ask my kiddos. you're a brave woman. some might call you foolhardy tho.
teen son tries to explain to me who's hot and who's not, but i've never asked him to put me on one of the lists.
I like that he likes you to wear sparkly stuff. that's a good reminder for everybody, most likely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home