UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Not my genes

Ever wish you could take something about your young child and just freeze it…hoping it will stay with them forever?

Today I just want to capture this moment.




When my two sons were begging me to let them clean. Mind you, it was their bedtime so they might have just been stalling, and they seem to have no desire to clean up their toy room. But give them a wet rag, a broom and a dustpan, and are in their glory in my kitchen, wiping the table, the cabinets, Ella’s high chair, sweeping the floor, etc.

I figure this excitement to clean up will not last very long, so I just want to treasure it today.

The only thing that would make this moment even better is if Max's vacuum, which makes all the noise of the real appliance, actually worked.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 4:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After they are done at your house, please send them my way! Need some bonding with my MN grandchildren. LOve and Kisses. MOM MOM

 
At 10:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cam has some serious skinny legs!!

Dana

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Caro said...

My kids never want to help once they get old enough to do it correctly.

Alas, I think it's the case with all kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home