UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Exchange

I’m TRYING to be a better housewife. Even though the term housewife makes my skin crawl, and it’s something I said I’d never be, I decided to just throw in the towel, admit that’s what I am and try to fulfill some of my duties. So I began the whole “make real meals” initiative. And so far, my Sandra Lee semi-homemade cookbook has produced some delicious dinners. I’m actually somewhat enjoying it.

And I’ve been TRYING to keep things cleaned up better….at least having the kitchen clean by the time Melvin gets home at night. In order to do this I have to have the kids out of the way. So tonight while Cameron was watching Scooby Doo, Max and Ella went down the basement to play while I cleaned the kitchen. I must admit, I did hear a lot of noise and banging, but since I didn’t hear screaming from either of my little munchkins, I ignored the clatter so that I could finish cleaning without having anyone try to empty my dirty dishwasher or pull food out of the pantry, etc. Instead of checking, I just yelled down to Max and asked if Ella was okay. She let out a squeal of delight, and he hollered back, “She okay!” And the noise continued.

When I was done, I made my way down the basement. And this is what I found:

He had been throwing every toy he could find in one big pile. When I asked Max why he made such a mess, his ingenious response was, “’Cause.”

So while one room was cleaned….another was ruined.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari.....When Chels gets there, have her clean it up!!

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger mi said...

You mean that's not how it's 'sposed to look? I'd better get home and make some changes!

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger mommyof3 said...

Yes, I do know what is all about especially with 2, 2yr olds that feel the need to be in my way while I am in the Kitchen, and if they are not there they are in the living room DUMPING anything and everything they can find----Also, empting all the wipes if I forget to put then out of there reach:) YES, the great life of 3 and 3 yr olds

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger info@thebabymarketplace.com said...

Holy pile of toys :) I won't let me kids see that! They'll be jealous. Looks like they had tons of fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home