UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I wonder if she has an invisible jet.

My friend calls her Superwoman without the costume. I call her Sara.

She comes three times a week to help with....well, basically whatever..laundry, dishes, lunch, the kids. Because of her, I can grocery shop without having to stop Max from putting everything in the cart, I can get my haircut without praying that Ella won’t scream her head off in her carseat, and I can go to a doctor’s appointment without having to stop my boys from opening and emptying every drawer in site. She can put Max to bed without the bedtime battle, she folds clothes so perfectly I never knew so much could fit in my drawers, she does the cutest things with Ella’s hair. All the while looking so beautiful and put together.

Monday she called in sick…panic set in…but I did survive.

Today she brought the boys to the Minnesota State Fair…an incredible feat. I’m so happy that now I don’t have to take the kids to this huge extravaganza of hot weather with thousands of sweaty people, miles of dusty roads filled with expensive food, overpriced rides, and smelly farm animals.

Thank you Sara!

6 Comments:

At 5:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari, Sara could pass for your younger sister. Like I said before...........your angel from heaven!!!

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought this was a picture of you at a quick glance.

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger wiferhood said...

That's it, we are moving to Minnesota. Okay so it's cold and snowy. I could live through it if I can borrow Sara. She looks like she is really a sweetheart. It's great to have help with the kids so that you can get a break. I send NyCee to daycare for a moment of "mommy time." However, they will not come to my house and complete all the tasks that I say I am going to complete while she is at daycare. What is that about? Perhaps if I turn off Soapnet, I would get things done.

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with your mom, Sara could be your sister. I have people at my house to do those things too while I'm at work. Although, my personnel changes periodically, and the people who work for me don't appear half as pleasant about their work as Sara, and we don't even want to talk about efficiency, but their being there means I don't have to do it, so it works out. A few months ago my oldest daughter and her children held the position, they've moved to Port Huron so right now my youngest daughter and my only son are filling that capacity. Oh, the joy of having older children!

Love, Auntie Nita

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

Send that Sara my way! God has blessed your family with this jewel... You deserve it and she is an absolute sweetheart:}

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Caro said...

If Sara lived in CA, I'd be begging you to borrow her. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home