UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Technology

While at Walmart the other day, Cameron saw a waterproof one-time use camera and asked if I could buy it for him. Knowing he was going to be fishing, and fearing he may break my digital camera, I bought him what he requested.

Before he started taking pictures I said, “Now you know, it’s not a digital camera. You can’t actually see a picture on your camera.”

His response, with an air of bewilderment, “Well, that doesn’t make sense!”

“What do you mean?” I asked.

“Why in the world would anyone want a camera like that, where you can’t even see the picture? That just doesn’t even make any sense.”

Well, it just doesn’t make any sense to me that I have albums filled with baby pictures of Max and Cameron, but since I started using a digital camera, all my pictures of Ella are in no usable order on a laptop that could probably crash at anytime.

5 Comments:

At 10:57 AM, Blogger Caro said...

You too? I'm the same way. I never get the digitals developed.

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Grace said...

That's funny! Priceless. Oh, how times have changed. -Get a photo printer, go to Target, or some store. I know Target will print photos off any card. :)

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

I am just the opposite. I download NyCee's pictures to Snapfish.com and they mail me the prints. I believe the cost is .$12 a print. Dirt cheap. The pictures are still in the envelope they were delievered in, but I have them.

One step at a time. One step at a time.

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger mi said...

I hear you on this one! Hayden's 1st year album is incomplete as we started using the now defunct digital camera, and have never gotten the prints. This has stalled out all the following albums and we have boxes of pics waiting to be put in albums. I now only use my archaic film camera and love it. When I develop pics, I get them all put on cd so I can still put pics online for out of town family and friends. Given Cameron's comment, I suspect my boys will roll their eyes at how old fashioned their mommy is to be using film!

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Girl of Approval said...

I have backed up my pictures on cd-roms, but I've heard that pictures only last around five years on cd unlike music or other data that last much longer.

I do have some of my pictures printed out, but some of them wound up looking very gross once they were no longer on the computer. I was quite disappointed.

You know, if you upload your pictures to Yahoo Pictures, you can choose to have them printed out at Target and once you download Yahoo's uploading tool, it's a snap to get them all into one folder.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home