UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, August 21, 2006

Nose Candy


My husband was out of town on Saturday and then on Sunday he took Cameron fishing. By the time they finally returned, I was just totally done with the two year old tantrums. Trying to escape, I snuck out onto our front porch, opened a Mike’s, and plopped myself down in a chair. Melvin came outside and asked what I was doing. I told him I couldn’t take the screaming anymore. He sat with me for a few minutes before we heard Max’s cries through the windows behind us.

I just ignored him. Usually the screams occurred because Cameron was irritating him, or one of his toys was stuck somewhere, or he barely bumped himself on something etc, nothing to warrant my attention at that moment. But the screams persisted, so Melvin went in to check on him. Eventually he brought him outside to me, because usually all I have to do is lightly rub the hurting spot and Max is back to normal, running off to continue playing.

But this time my “magic mommy touch” was not working, and he wouldn’t stop crying. I asked where he was hurting, and he just pointed to his lip and nose. I thought maybe he bit his tongue or something, but I didn’t see any blood. There were no bruises or red marks on his face. I couldn’t figure out what the problem was.

Eventually he stopped crying and starting playing around, but then suddenly he’d start the high-pitched screech again. At one point he sneezed, which caused more screaming, and then he sneezed again.

Much to our surprise, out came the culprit. There sitting on the tissue was a Cheerio, straight out of his right nostril!

The boy must’ve found one on the floor from breakfast and decided to hide it up his nose!

Cameron and I could not stop laughing. And Max finally stopped screaming…for the moment.

3 Comments:

At 2:36 PM, Blogger mi said...

Isn't always when we've decided we are done, and no longer going to buy into the screaming that there is actually a reason for the screaming? At least he resolve it himself. See, no need for you to get up. I hear ya on that!

 
At 5:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Max.......the story continues....

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

hee hee hee
Mike's Lemonade (?) and Cheerios!
What a tastey mix!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home