UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Can I install an "invisible fence" inside my house?

Lately I’ve noticed that every time I tell my husband about one of Max’s mishaps, it always seems to begin with, “When I was changing Ella’s diaper, Max…….” (I really should stop telling my husband all of these events, as they only seem to confirm my parental incompetence).

Just this past week, the following happened while I was dealing with a smelly Ella.

Max decided that he was hungry. He went into the fridge, found a Tupperware bowl filled with spaghetti, dumped it into a bowl he retrieved from the pantry and brought it to the table. I caught him just as he was doing this final step. “What in the world are you doing?” I asked. He responded, as he sat himself down on his chair with the pasta bowl in front of him, “Dinner!” Thank goodness there was no sauce on the noodles.

Apparently I didn’t give him enough potato chips, so he climbed up on the counter, grabbed the bag of chips, filled his bowl to overflowing, then dropped the contents of the rest of the bag all over the floor.

Right when I was in the middle of a dirty doozy, I was suddenly overcome with a very strange feeling. I yelled down to Cameron in a panic, “Cam! Where’s Max?” “I don’t know,” he responded. “Go check and see if he’s outside” I hollered, trying to quickly clean Ella so I could prevent a true tragedy. And if God hadn’t sent me that feeling, who knows what would have occurred. Apparently, Max can now reach the garage door opener on the wall. He had managed to open the garage, get on his big wheel and make his way down our driveway. Thankfully Cameron caught him before he slipped into the street. Being a brand-new neighborhood, we have huge construction trucks come barreling by our house throughout the day. My heart was popping out of my chest as I scooped up the little monster, who was just grinning from ear to ear, proud of his accomplishment and almost escape.

Aside from tying a leash onto Max and taking him with me wherever I go in the house, I’m not sure what to do………maybe just never change Ella’s diapers?!?!

4 Comments:

At 7:49 PM, Blogger IrishMommy said...

The idea about not changing Ella stinks! I mean, she would stink... MAX, MAX, MAX...

 
At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like Max has inherited his grandfather's antics as a child. Remember how Mom Mom had to tie Dad to a tree when he was younger so he did not venture out into ?????????? Now you can blame Dad for Max's sense of adventure.

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Caro said...

I was commenting on this last night and my son unhooked my cable connection. Sigh.

My daughter used to take off in stores. I had to chase her down.

One time she snuck down our driveway and went across the street to get the mail.

I thought my husband was going to have to have his diapers changed when I told him.

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger blackbird said...

It's funny...
he doesn't look so evil in these pictures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home