UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Huh?

I think I might be losing it.

Last night (or should I say this morning) at about 2:30 AM, I woke up on the couch with Max lying with me. This is not unusual. He often wakes up in the middle of the night and we end up snoozing in the family room. I had changed his diaper and given him a bottle of milk before we settled onto the couch. However, I have NO recollection whatsoever of any of this occurring.

And then today, I sat Ella down on the floor in her room while I went in search of a diaper. I was also talking on the phone at this time to my mom. And when I returned to Ella's room, she wasn't there anymore. "Mom! I lost Ella!" I cried out. For a brief second, I really thought I was losing my mind. However, I immediately found her in Cameron and Max's room. Cameron later confessed to coaxing her in there by taking the toys she was playing with and leading her through the Jack-and-Jill bathroom into his room.

I was born forgetful...but this is getting to be ridiculous!!!!

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better:
I was supposed to meet a friend to run this morning at 5:30. (I know- early, but her kids are 5, 2, and 8 months so she's up throughout the night too sio we figured might as well run and we both need to go when husbands can still be home to watch the kids.) I fed Zev at 4:15 and put him back down at 4:45. Must have then changed into my running clothes and thought I'd just lie down on the bed for a few minutes before going running... All I know is that I woke up at 7 in bed (to Zev's coos from the pnp) and was fully dressed including running shoes. Bernie turned to me and asked if I had a good run.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

Yep, it happens to the best of us!
Plus the sheer panic/terror (bursting in the brain) after you've misplaced one of these people, i'm sure kills off a little of the connecting neurons.
I read somewhere about Gwyneth Paltrow bemoaning her fate. It appears she cannot memorize her scripts like she did Pre-Apple.
See, even the Glamorous Elite can't escape maternal daffiness....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home