UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Happy 1/2 Birthday


Ella is six months old today. She's just as wonderful as the day she was born! She's so smiley, eats any kind of baby food I give her, and is sitting up pretty well now. She love to bounce around in her jumper (or fall asleep in it),

and she can even swing on the playset. And although she puts everything into her mouth, she is NOT teething. Despite what everyone tries to tell me as soon as they see her chewing on a toy, a key, a paper towel, her pediatrician confirmed that she is nowhere near getting any teeth.

Yesterday, at her appointment, she measured 26", and weighed 14 pounds, 11 ounces. Her doctor said she was of average height, petite weight and had a big head. She received 2 immunizations on her legs. And although she cried, it wasn't for long. We left the office with two circus band-aids on her legs. Sometime throughout the day, both of the band aids fell off. No big deal, she wasn't bleeding or anything. There wasn't any need for them anymore. I even forgot about them, until later on that evening.

Ella was a little fussy and sleepy after receiving her shots. But she dutifully took her naps, consumed some bottles, ate some dinner, etc. In the evening, I laid her down in front of me on a chaise we have in our living room to change her diaper and put on her pjs. At the angle I was sitting, I could see directly into her mouth. And when she opened it to smile, I saw something on the roof of her mouth. I thought it was some piece of paper she must've found, or a piece of paper towel from when I cleaned the food off her face from dinner. I immediately pulled it out and discovered the BAND-AID from earlier that day.

She had spent the whole day...sleeping, playing, drinking, eating...with a band aid stuck to the roof of her mouth!!!!

5 Comments:

At 2:16 AM, Blogger cg said...

Oh my, a band aid in her little mouth. That is a bit scary - did you ever find the other one?

All your kids got your dh's gorgeous eyes!!

 
At 7:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

She is sooooooooo cute!! Good thing God gave you a calm one. That's a blessing....after Max...that is!!

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

cg, I never found the other one...we were all over that day. Some other kid probably found it in the park, and hopefully did not choose to digest it!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger wiferhood said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday Ella! Cari--she is such a big girl. Just one suggestion though, have Max smile in the picture to appear that his home life is satisfying. He looks as if he has something better to do. And that could not be further from the truth. In fact, next time make him wear a party hat just to show how enthused he is. Ha! Ha! Hugs and Kisses to all!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger BabelBabe said...

Soooooo cute. she's truly beautiful.


as soon as you said that about the bandaids, I was all set to warn you that they often wind up being ingested, and are choking hazards. Ask me how I know....sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home