UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Just not sure

I continue to wrestle with this notion that there was some swapping going on in the hospital nursery.

Seriously, it makes no sense. While Max is pouring out his bowl of cereal, or is pulling all the tissues out of the box, or is emptying the video drawer and stabbing them with a pair of scissors that he found, Ella just sits.

When Cameron is lying on the stairs pouting and whining because I won’t take him to McDonalds, or is screaming his head off because while running through the kitchen, he slips and falls, bruising his knees yet again, Ella just sits.

While Max is literally crawling up my back, over my head and down my front screaming, while I am nursing Ella, or he’s emptying the diaper bag all over the kitchen table, or he’s shoving his potato chips into my lipstick tube, Ella just sits.

When Cameron is crying in frustration because he can’t get his desk drawer open, or when he’s spreading 52 flash cards all over his bedroom floor, then proceeding to hop all over them, Ella just sits.

I think even Ella her self is wondering about her place in this family.



And as I write this, Cameron just came over to me laughing his head off, “Mommy, I just burped in Ella’s face.” Poor girl.

5 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger LH said...

she'll have those 2 in line in no time.
that onesie is hilarious.

 
At 5:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What better entertainment could Ella ask for!

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMGosh!! That picture is priceless!! :)

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari....its the female gene....Dana

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger cg said...

Hehehehe I am sure she just sits as she watches them in total amazement - LOVE that onesie though. I think you should get one in all the sizes....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home