UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, March 17, 2006

All before 8AM


Ella was up 5 times last night.

Cameron was told 4 times to put on his green shirt, that I washed and dried just so he could wear it for St. Patrick’s Day…”Oh, I forgot.” he said, reciting his favorite phrase of late. Forgot the bright green shirt that was literally in his face on the arm of the couch, directly in his view of the TV? Just like he forgot to put his socks on when I sent him upstairs to do only that. Just like he forgot his bag of winter outwear for school….literally 5 seconds after I told him to bring it in the car. Tired of his forgetting, I just stopped reminding him…so he’s wearing red today.

Max started screaming from the moment he woke up this morning, and didn’t seem to want to stop. I stand corrected, he wasn’t crying when he brought his cereal over to Ella in her swing and put Fruit Loops in her mouth. And he was quite amused with himself when he dumped out his cereal all over the floor…twice. And when sitting in his timeout area, he discovered that he could pull up the floor vent and put things down the hole. No, he wasn’t crying then. But the rest of the morning he was. He cried because he didn’t want me to take off his pajamas, (but I did manage to get a sorta-green sweater on him) cried because I couldn’t hold him and change Ella’s diaper at the same time, cried because he wanted more than one vitamin.

Hearing all the commotion and frustration, my husband tiptoes down the stairs as I’m rushing the kids out the door.

“Do you need a break?” he asks.

As a matter of fact, a nice little break, on a secluded Caribbean beach sounds wonderful. So when do I leave?

3 Comments:

At 4:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need a hiatus from your everyday routine. At a weak moment I think you should suggest a boys week end for Melvin and the boys and a girls week end for you and Ella to NJ. Tell the doctor that would be good medicine for you and his mother in law.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

A trip to NJ would probably be better, since I don't have anything close to a body that wants to be in a swimsuit right now.

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe even a weekend away at a semi-local hotel with a pool would be relaxing enough to renergize your spirit. ??? Heck, I only have TWO munchkins and Eric and I are in talks about my doing just that!

I'm thinking a place with a pool/spa, near plenty of walking trails, movies on demand, I don't know...what else does it take for a person to relax??? Hmmmm...margarita's delivered to the room??

Heck, I'll find a place with two beds and you and lil' miss Ella-Bella can join me! I'll take a walk with the lil' miss while you nap and I'm sure the reality of ME in MY swimsuit will make you laugh enough to not care a wink about what you look like in yours. *lol*

Seriously though, God bless you, Cari for the loving work you do in raising those angels God entrusted you with. You're the best friend, advocate, and mother the Good Lord could have ever picked out for them.

Love ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home