UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, March 10, 2006

Mommy heaven

After dropping off the boys at preschool, Ella and I decided to go shopping. I wanted to see if Hanna Anderson (which has the most adorable kids clothes, but a little on the pricey side) had any clothes on sale. In my rush to get there, it didn't dawn on me that most of the stores don't open until 10:00 (it was 8:45 when I arrived). So Ella, myself, and the rest of the senior citizens in Minnesota walked the mall.

Eventually Ella became hungry and wanted to eat. In my search for a place to privately feed her, I came across Nordstroms. Boy did I strike gold. A word of advice, if you ever need to go to the bathroom in a mall, find the most expensive department store and use theirs.

First of all, their bathroom is not called a bathroom, but rather the "Women's Lounge."

Secondly, it's divided into 2 separate rooms. The first room is more luxorious than any room in my house. It had beautiful chocolate fabric walls, with what felt like very pricey lounge chairs and couches, a console table and end tables with lamps, all appropriately arranged as if you were in someone's living room.

Thirdly, the actual "bathroom" had a changing table that was solid (no cheap flip down plastic thing), clean and padded.

Lastly, the handicapped stall was so large it fit myself and my double stroller.

In all honestly, I'm too cheap to spend my money at such an expensive deparment store. But in the future, I think I'll definitely be doing a lot of other "business" there.

2 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, Blogger LH said...

I can relate to this. I'm so glad I don't need this information any more. Did you buy anything at hannah's?
I used to get stuff from their catalog. too cute.

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Undomestic said...

Unfortunately, all the clearance items that I wanted to buy for next year were no longer in stock. (You know those really cute patterned knit dress type outfits that). I did get a cute little dress. But really, I can't see spending $38 dollars for a little romper, no matter how cute it is. I think I just have to buy in increments. If I purchase one outfit each time I go, I won't feel like I'm spending a fortune??? Who knows.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home