UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Friday, March 10, 2006

False victory

Max actually said Mama today!!!! I was sitting at the computer, Ella on my lap, checking my e-mail with my back to him. He was standing on his booster seat, as usual, playing around with his cereal.
"Mama!" he screamed.
I turned and said, "What?" thinking maybe he was really saying Spongebob.
"Mama! Mama! Mama!" he screamed again.
"YES I squealed!" and I went pick him up balancing Ella on one side, Max on the other.
"Mama!" he said again.
My heart fluttered, I was so excited. After 19 months, he was finally calling out to me.
Just to make sure he knew what he was talking about, I then asked, "Who is Mama?"
And without missing a beat, he looked right at his little sister, pointed to her, and repeatedly said, "Mama!" while poking her in the back.

False victory. I give up.

2 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari......At least he said it, but why the confusion?? MaMa..Ella!! They do sound alike.

Dana

 
At 10:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think he his just messing with your head. He knows how bad you want it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home