UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

The big 33

This morning Cameron came bounding in our room.

"Mommy! Max is standing in his crib, yelling 'Mama, Mama!'"

What a wonderful birthday gift from my little monster...except it was 6:30 AM, and I refused to get up so early on my special day. Although my entering his room would have reaffirmed his finally using my name...at 6:30 AM, sleep won out. He had to be satisfied with Dada instead.

Nonetheless, I had a marvelous birthday, doing all the things I loved.
  • I slept in.....well, if you call 8 AM sleeping in (these days I do). My husband can't exactly nurse Ella, so her cries for food usurped my desire to sleep.
  • I went to church...and they even sang my favorite songs.
  • I went out to brunch with my family.
  • I took a nap.
  • I went to the gym.
  • My husband arranged dinner.
  • The kids went to bed early!!!

And now, I must get off this computer so that I can end my birthday marvelously, watching Desperate Houswives and Grey's Anatomy, sipping on some wine. I hope my husband gets home from the hospital in time...then all will be perfect.

Cheers to 33 years!

6 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Cari!
Happy Birthday to you!

Wishing you the best in the coming year...

 
At 5:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari....I pray your year is filled with lots of naps, nights full of sleep, and Max saying your name more and more....Cheers to you and I am excited to see you and Ella this weekend...when are you coming and how long are you styaing?? Love you, Dana

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (oops, 1 day late). Sounds like your day was pretty special (it's the little things that mean so much, don't you agree?) What's this about you and Ella visiting NJ this weekend? So exciting...would love to drive down to OC with my girls to visit.

Love to all of you. xo

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger cg said...

Hope you had a wonderfull birthday and that this year would be filled with special people and happy faces!!

 
At 2:16 PM, Blogger LH said...

Happy Birthday kiddo,
lee

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,
Happy belated birthday!

Things WILL get better....

Phil. 1:3!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home