UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

H20

Our water has been tinted brown. It started yesterday afternoon when Cameron and I were making juice. I noticed the water coming out of the faucet to be a strange color. When I filled up a clear glass, it was the color of ice tea!!!! After letting it run for awhile, it settled into an amber tint.

I called the City of Woodbury, and after being transferred a few times, running my water for 15 minutes straight, calling back and then having to wait for a return call, I was informed that the problem (some technical, scientific mumbo jumbo they fed me over the phone) would not be fixed until the end of the week.

However, they did inform me that despite the color, the water is safe to drink. Oh really? Did they see Erin Brokovich? Let me pour them a glass.

When I was giving Max a bath in this odd colored water, Cameron came in and said, “EW! Did Max use the bathroom in his bath water?” I decided to skip the hair washing and get him out of there as soon as possible.

Anybody thirsty?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home