UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Neat Freaks

This past week I was in 2 houses of stay-at-home-mom's, and I as soon as I stepped foot into their homes, I just wanted to run back out the door. Their houses were PERFECT!!!! Perfectly decorated, perfectly organized, perfectly clean! There was no little "junk corner" in the kitchen, no piles of shoes near the entrance, no mounds of clothes on their laundry room floor.

Even their playrooms were spotless, with not one toy out of place. "Does anyone play actually play here?" I thought to myself as I scanned the clutterless environment.

My next thought was that my husband can NEVER come into these homes, because if they can keep such a perfect house, with 3 kids, then why can't I?

I was, however, inspired to go home and at least start cleaning up Cameron's bedroom. But of course, my cleaning spree was interrupted as Max and Ella woke up from their naps, and I haven't been able to get back to the task.

What I need to do is visit my friend S. Her house is clean, but it's certainly not perfect. I can walk in her door, lay my jacket on the stairs, step over the toys in the hallway and plop down in kitchen barstool, knowing my view will be of piles of papers and left-over breakfast dishes.

Now that's a standard I can live up to.

4 Comments:

At 9:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are always welcome in the Moteberg home, Cari!! :) If it's piles of clothes, toys, dishes and papers you long to see, YOUR DREAMS WILL BE FUFILLED here!! *lol*

What matters is that your kiddies are loved on and cared for...that's what I think. Matthew 6:20 comes to mind..."But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys, and where thieves do not break in or steal..." No, I didn't remember the reference off the top of my head. That's what bible.com is for!! But the sentiment is so true...your work is in the raising of happy kids that love the Lord. Housekeeping could fall under the category of what "rust and moth destroy". :)

Phyllis Diller has been quoted as saying, "Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the sidewalk before it stops snowing". SO TRUE!!

Keep your head up!! :) We're dealing with the flu here (at least Josiah is, anyways) but hope to be well and rested for Spa on Thursday!! See you then!! :) :) :)

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger KC said...

these people are not human. they are robots. take heart! visit my house!!

 
At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

Your house will only become a LITTLE cleaner when they are teens and they clean the house and their messes up themselves.....but even then, Chelsea leaves a trail of mess everywhere she goes!!

Love, Dana

 
At 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to send you something that I think you will like! Oh, and those women obviously have outside help (called hired housecleaners), right before they ask you to come over. Drop over there unannounced and see what's up then! Did you look in their closets?

I just close Keiko's door when people come over, and tell them that the mess in the den is just part of the "artist's studio" and to clean it would ruin her "process" and "creative flow"... Works for me!

Jaye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home