UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

Ahoy mateys!!!

When you're going Christmas shopping with a 2 week old who decides that the middle of Sam's Club would be a good time to test out her vocal cords, you're main goal is to quickly load up the cart with any old toys and get out of that store so you can feed the baby and avoid anymore stares of other shoppers who look at you as if you're abusing the child because you can't stop her from crying at that moment.

However, in doing this, you don't really get the opportunity to read exactly what it is you are purchasing. So you might end up with what your 4 year old thinks is the coolest Pirate ship in the world, and he asks you almost every hour from the time that he opened it if you would help him put together the 200+ pieces to create the ships which are actually intended for children 8 years and older.

Thank goodness my mother-in-law, who is visiting this week, viewed this toy construction task as a challenge rather than a burden.

The end result, a very happy 4 year old.....until his 1 1/2 year old brother discovers it.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Roslyn, I will stick to simple crafts and God Bless You on mastering the Pirate Ship. Dana told me it took hours. Hope you are enjoying your stay!

 
At 6:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

dThe Pirate Ship was easy, trying to keep Cameron's anxiety at bay was the hard part, he kept trying to play with it as we went along, thus the look on my face in the picture. It was fun though, especially since almost upon my arrival Cameron says " Hey, Granny check this out, I can play with it if 'someone', helps me", I really didn't have a choice, I was targeted from the start.
Glad to hear everything went alright with Max. See you soon.
Granny Roz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home