UnDomestic

Writings of a teachermom, choosing to stay home with her kids, while loathing all domestic responsibilities! In late Aug. 2008, I was diagnosed with Triple Negative breast cancer. After surgery, chemo and radiation, I was given theall clear. However, in the late summer of 2008, I was diagnosed with a brain tumor, which metasticized to other areas.

Monday, September 12, 2005

New Beginnings



Today marks the beginning of our "Week of Beginnings."

Monday
Cameron starts his new preschool...his "4 year old class" we call it.
I start my new grad class at the Univ. of Minn...Teaching Literacy to English Language Learners

Tuesday
Max and I have a gymnastics class together.
Cameron will have his class after us.
(Continuing with soccer practice in the evening).

Wednesday
(Preschool again)
First meeting with a nanny organization.
I was chosen for the Community Action Board for the South Washington County Office of Equity and Diversity...first meeting tonight.

Thursday
Mom's Spiritual Spa at church begins -- Cameron and Max will start "Jesus Junction" the kids program.

Friday
(Preschool again)

New beginnings are hard for me. I don't know anyone, I don' t feel comfortable, all my insecurities run rampant in my mind. I usually tense up, rehearse every word about to come out of my mouth, get shy. If I just know one person well, then I'm fine. But I'm venturing into territories where I know no one. Never sure what to say, how to act, etc.

Luckily these personality traits have not rubbed off on Cameron. His teacher said he had an excellent day, and he jumped right into the pack at preschool and started playing as if he'd been there all year. I wish I was 4.

5 Comments:

At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my good friend Molly is in your U class.

She can be your buddy!!

 
At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cari,

I am right there with you. I struggle also with new beginnings and meeting new people, but God always takes me through and blesses me. I will pray for your blessings.

Love, Dana

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Undomestic said...

kc, There are only 5 people in the class, so I should know their names...but I don't. I'll have to look for her next week.

 
At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are busy! Glad to have company in business.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger LH said...

I'm very nervous venturing into new surroundings. Let me know how this class goes. It sounds great.
Kudos to you for doing all you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home